1. The Duff. The waggle, the saunter, the fiancée -- the guy is simply the coolest cat in golf.
2. New Orleans. Thanks to a revitalized town, improved course and sponsor willing to pay de facto appearance fees, this once-forgettable Tour stop is becoming a much bigger deal. That's bad news for the field strength at Quail Hollow this week: Bubba, Luke, Stricks, Rosey and Ernie are among the guys who played in New Orleans but are skipping Charlotte.
3. Stacy Lewis. Quietly, she has become the best American on the LPGA tour. Though how long she holds that unofficial title may be up to a certain 17 year old.
5. Lexi. The prom queen nearly stole another tournament with a rousing final-round 65. It's a great sign for the LPGA that she plays her best when the spotlight is brightest.
1. Tiger's hostage video. I feel like he should personally apologize for robbing me of those 14 minutes.
2. Lee Janzen. It's cool that the two-time U.S. Open champ played his first Nationwide event in 21 years. Less cool is that he shot 74-73 to miss the cut.
3. Se Ri Pak. Bummer to be on the shelf with an injured shoulder. What's really embarrassing is that she did it slipping on stairs.
4. Natalie Gulbis's skirts. I didn't think they could get any punier, but apparently I was wrong. Hey, I'm not a prude, and I have no problem with LPGA players showcasing their attractiveness/athleticism, but Natalie's hemlines are turning into a sideshow. When we're studying photos of her tan lines like the Zapruder film, things are definitely getting silly.
5. John Daly. In only his third U.S. start this year, he made three double bogeys en route to an 80 to miss the cut by a mile in New Orleans.